Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dibble News November 4 2009

November 2009 Edition


Board of Directors
Eddie Cantrell, Pres. Dale McAskill, V.P.
Arthur Evett Mary Evett
Garland Clark Shirley Rush

Greetings to the Seniors of the Dibble Community!!!

Friday was packed for steak and baked potatoes, as Bill Harmon and Robert Noisy provided music and fun. Lots of stuff in the silent auction and door prizes. Come take a look at the two nearly new lawnmowers!! You need one!!

Remember, our next field trip is Thursday, Nov. 12, as we go have supper and see the Plummer Family Band in Chickasha. Get your name on the list so we can know how many tickets to buy!! Deadline is Friday, Nov. 5th.

During the month of October, we had 70 volunteers donating 2,122 hours. Our food pantry saw 98 families on Friday morning, in need of assistance. Due to increased demand, Regional Food Bank in OKC has changed our food deliveries from 4 to 2 per month, as more people across the state are in need. The times, they are a changin’!! Remember Tuesday, Nov. 19th is Payback Time at Regional Food Bank in OKC. The van will leave the center at 12:30, after lunch. We need young muscles!! We will hopefully be done in time for “Happy Hour” at Sonic on the way back.

Big thanks to Professional Home Care for blood pressure and sugar test on Friday! Our sick list is getting better. Lenora Walkup is recovering from busted ribs and breathing problems. Get well, Lenora!! We are saving the Windex bottle for you!! Also, Leon Calhoun is having issues again. Get well, Leon!! Jerry Vance is OK after surgery on his hand. No new plastic parts, this time! Robert Noisy is better, along with Louise Montgomery. Get well, everyone!!


Eureka!! Lots going on around the country as it appears California is about to legalize marijuana!! I guess the old Baby Boomer hippies are free at last! Their story is that it is for medical use and it really isn’t all that bad if you only use it a little bit. Maybe we should legalize child abuse or nursing home abuse, if you only do it a little bit!!

Sara Palin’s ex-son-in-law to be says he is going to pose in Playgirl Magazine. People will do anything for money!! I wouldn’t pose naked because I wouldn’t want to show the boy up, but for $100, I’ll model my Speedo bathing suit on my John Deere Lawnmower and send you a signed 8X10!!

That being said, I’m regrettably reporting that tragedy has struck me personally. Last month, I had to get some new pants, as mine seem to have shrunk. I’m sad to report that it appears I’m now ½ again around as I am long. Yep, my Levi’s are now size 44 X 30. I did find solace in the fact that my new pants were made in Mexico. Everybody knows those folks are on some metric deal and that’s not the same as American numbers. There again, it proves that if we had card check and repealed NAFTA, we would have American made Levi’s and I would surely be back to my 32 X 30 Levi’s!! I asked our esteemed Vice President, Dale McAskill, if he was with me on this and he said….NO! He said if I would quit eating like a hog, I wouldn’t get fat! Now, there’s a rude individual!! Dale is the only person I have ever known who uses an electric tooth brush to clean his nose!! He ain’t right!!

All for now………………….



Menu
Monday
Tuesday Country Breakfast
Wednesday
Thursday Cook’s Choice
Friday

##
Written by Eddie Cantrell




Dibble Senior Citizens
12219 Fireman’s Road
Dibble, OK 73031






















Dates to Remember:
November 11th Veteran’s Day
November 26th Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment