Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5th, 2014 - Return of the I&As

Well, the Aspire Home Health seminar that I mentioned last week went swimmingly! Much information. Such wow. So brochure. I won't tell you all about the things you missed if you didn't go, because that would be cruel. I will, however, mention that living wills, advance directives, DNRs, and memory care facilities may have been discussed.

I hope you all came to Vonn and made sure that your Medicare was in order, because the Extravaganza is closed as of tomorrow. Usually I would tell you not to panic, and I am telling you not to panic. I'm just also letting you know that she'll be at the Lawton Public Library today.

More importantly, we got mentioned in the newspaper! Several times!!! They weren't complaints!!!!! I can't take much credit for how cool the Duncan North Senior Center is, but I'd really like to. I had no idea they had dulcimer lessons! Dulcimer lessons. I want dulcimer lessons... Ahem. Apparently they have Christmas stuff for sale, too! The Banner is on a roll: there's also an article there about the Duncan Community Residence. That's a cool place. Do you know how much assisted living places cost in comparison? I don't even want to tell you.

I can't really take credit for the article from Duncan... the magazine about Ken Jones, my boss and fellow blog contributor, either. I mean, I could try, but he reads this, so: maybe not a good idea.

Today's entry for 'newspaper articles about the obvious' is the Boston Globe's incisive observation that seniors may not really want roommates in nursing home situations. I would never have thought so! ...No, that's unkind of me, it really IS something that people need to have brought to their attention, ideally so that they can do something about it.

So I have a confession: I'm terrible at trivia questions. Mine are basically terrible, so I am instituting the weekly Ken Quiz, contributed by Ken Jones or whoever else I can corner to help me.

Donned with the nickname, “Dandy,” this American football quarterback and sports commentator went on to become an actor in the movie Police Story.  He was known as the comic foil for fellow commentator, Howard Cosell.  He died, on this date, in 2010.  What was his name?

File:Don Meredith Police Story 1976.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment