Monday, December 15, 2014

Lord of the COGs: Fellowship of the I&As

Happy almost-holidays from ASCOG! It's turning out to be a busy month for us, and, with any luck, a busy month for you, too.

For those of you with a creative side, there's the 40th Annual Conference on Aging poetry contest: always very popular. We even have booklets of the poems from our COG, which you can come by and read if you like! Be famous. ...Semi-famous. ...Sort-of famous. ...You get an awards luncheon on May 5th, and that's pretty cool?

More importantly, people will actually read and think about your poems, and if you're a poet, I know that's basically your favorite thing ever. You can't fool me.

Here's another worthwhile activity for families of any age: have a child in an Oklahoma emergency shelter over for Christmas. It's such a self-evident good idea that I don't even have anything to say about it! I'm not sure if I'd inflict my family's Christmases on an unsuspecting kid, but if your house isn't a disaster area, what could possibly be a more awesome gift to someone?


Ken's Quiz

On this date, in 2012, this nation became the tenth “space power” when it successfully launched a satellite into orbit using its own launch vehicles.  What is the name of this country?

No comments:

Post a Comment