Friday, December 19, 2014

Lord of the COGs: The Two Aging Agencies

The holiday season creeps ever closer, and with it the new year! There will be no column next week unless I queue one up, so don't hold your breath. (I know that you all will be eagerly refreshing this page the day after Christmas. Eagerly.)

From the Time's Money Magazine, we have a write-in question from a lady trying to decide if survivor's benefits are something she should apply for immediately.

In Medicare news, there's been a new study published seeking to determine why Medicare spending has gone down, or rather, how much of that decline can even BE explained. I know how much everyone loves dense academic articles, right? Right!! (psst: over here for an explanation of some of the most important points)

The other, slightly less awesome AAA - you know, the driving one - has released a study about how most older people are in favor of license renewal, speed cameras, and cell-phone laws. (I confess that one of my reasons for including this is so that I could say 'the other, less cool AAA.') Road safety culture, am I right? ...Apparently the very eldest folks were much more in favor of red light cameras than their younger peers, though. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment